GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
About the job
The NH90 Helicopter program is one of the most successful International defense programs in Europe. With France, Italy, Germany and The Netherlands as launching Customers the NH90 Helicopter is sold in many more European countries but also sold in the Middle-East and to Australia and New-Zealand. The Companies Leonardo , Airbus Helicopters and Fokker are participating in a joined venture named NHI, located in Aix en Provence (Fr) and since 2000 jointly responsible for the Design & Development of the NH90 program. The Helicopter is produced at various final assembly lines throughout Europe. The NH90 Helicopter can be sub-divided in two main variants being a Naval version called NFH and a land version called TTH. Each version has a National variant dedicated to that Customer requirement. Today more than 420 NH90 helicopters are fielded at the various Forces in the world. All these Customers need support in their operation and their attempt to keep the fleet availability as high as possible. For this NHI and partner companies (PC) has set have set-up a support organization in which each partner Company has been delegated a number of countries to support in name of NHI. This is the so-called Delegated Partner Company (DPC). For this reason, each PC had to set-up or integrate NH90 Support Engineers in their Customer Support Organization.
As our technical support engineer you provide in-service solutions taking into account airworthiness and qualification requirements.
- You coordinate and answer technical queries from NH90 helicopter operators. Substantiate similarity of a technical solution to different variants. This includes status and monitoring.
- You coordinate creation of Repair Design Approval Sheets (RDAS) together with Sustaining Engineers
- You liaise with Program Management, FK TechPub, FK engineering, airworthiness and NH90 Partner Companies on the above topics.
- You continuously support the improvement of the NH90 product & services and the Fokker technical support process.
- You support and deputize the NH90 Product Support manager & SB Focal Point in his daily activities.
- You will represent Fokker on international level (TSPOC).
- Archiving your work is also part of the job.
Your responsibilities & qualifications
- Correct answering of technical queries from NH90 helicopter operators
- Safeguarding airworthiness and qualification standards
- Providing input to Fokker configuration management process
- Substantiating the validity of technical solutions for similar cases
- Coordination/monitoring of technical solutions
- Providing input to the Service Bulletin/RDAS process
- Liaison with other PC-TSPOC’s and NHI Service Engineering
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- you have an intermediate/higher vocational education level (MBO/HBO) preferable in a technical (Aerospace) background or equivalent in working experience.
- you have at least 1-3 years of experience with technical customer support, in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
- You are able to translate his customer support specialism into strong, flexible and pro-active actions. Other important requirements are:
- You are customer and service oriented, with a pro-active attitude and determination to provide excellent customer service in an (international political) environment with many stakeholders.
- You are able to build up good and sustainable (international) relations.
- You must speak and write Dutch & English proficiently.
- You live in the Netherlands since you are working on our Papendrecht site
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with Excel in creating and analyzing performance reports.
- You have strong analytical capabilities and enjoy solving issues.
- You enjoy and are able to work either standalone and as part of a team.
- You are able to learn quickly and has ambition to develop strong, flexible and pro-active customer support capabilities.
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance , We offer you opportunities to learn and grow, a competitive salary, pension plan, 40 days off and travel allowance (from 10 km single journey) as well.
Do you like to come on board? Apply directly with your CV and motivation via the "apply now" button
For more information you can contact our recruiter Marloes van Es-Erkelens. We are looking forward to your application.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.