Position Title: Team Leader Oxygen Cylinder/Oxygen Mask Department
Reports to: Operations Manager
Summary of Position:
To supervise and be accountable for, the daily operations of the relevant workshop departments to provide excellent customer through best in class turnaround times.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure that all work practices are carried out in accordance with the organisation’s maintenance organisation exposition (MOE) to ensure the required standards of Quality, Health and Safety are maintained.
- Being responsible for Health and Safety within the area of responsibility, ensuring all H&S concerns are reported and ensuring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the correct revision Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) and that the 601 Capability Check is complete before releasing a component back to service.
- Ensure the correct tooling is used IAW the CMM and approved 601 and ensure all tooling is in good condition and within calibration
- Ensure that any quality concerns affecting airworthiness or Health and Safety are reported to the Operations Manager /General Manager immediately.
- Ensure all Work Orders on the Work In Progress (WIP) List are processed in a timely manner to maintain ‘Reliability’ and meet customer expectations and the company targets.
- Daily planning of the Work In Progress (WIP) List, ensuring work is prioritized and allocated between the team to maintain productivity and meet target TATs.
- Communicate proactively with the Operations Manager and Customer Service to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Drive and Promote Target Achieving Culture in line with the Core Values
- Manage, supervise and support the staff within the relevant departments to ensure a ‘Positive’ and productive working environment with a ‘One Team’ ethos.
- Having regular, documented ‘One to One’ conversations with the technicians under your supervision to clearly communicate the expectations in accordance with the core values, personal targets and personal development.
- Ensure all staff receives a H & S induction within the department and use the appropriate PPE that has been provided.
- Ensure that work is only carried out after the appropriate level of training has been undertaken.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to continuously improve working practice ensuring ‘Growth’ of the business and its employees.
- Collaboration with the other sites to ensure best practices are shared and to ensure the continuous improvement of the department.
- Improve and maintain efficiency within the department.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness to drive sustainable improvement within the company and maintain excellent customer service.
- Lead by example and take ‘Pride’ in achieving company, department and personal targets.
- Maintain housekeeping and organisation of the workshop at all times
- Role model behaviour in accordance with the core values and keep the team accountable to these values.
Requirement Essential or Desirable
Qualifications / Education / Training:
- Engineering Qualification Desirable
- Health and Safety trained Essential
- Certified Stamp Holder Desirable
- LEAN/5S Training Desirable
- Experience of working in a similar role Desirable
- Technical or engineering experience Essential
- People management or leadership experience Desirable
- Experience of managing a project Desirable