We are looking for Sales Managers in the Netherlands to be responsible for securing new profitable travel accounts in accordance with annual budgeted targets. The successful candidate will be someone with a genuine desire to join a dynamic, focused and highly motivated Business Development team, charged with increasing market share to contribute to the growth of CWT worldwide.
Securing prospective accounts
- Build, maintain and manage a prospective customer database as agreed with the Business Development Director. Ensure that CWT is included on the tender list of each potential client within the prospect database.
- Conduct regular calls and meetings with prospective customers.
- Produce and distribute introductory letters accompanied by approved point of sale material and to follow up such letters with the aim of securing an appointment / sales visit.
- Contribute to the design, production and effective delivery of high quality sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers.
- Ensure all appointments and proposals illustrate CWT in a highly professional yet competitive light with the end goal of securing the prospective business within an agreed pricing range.
- Work closely with the support team on the submission of proposals providing information and advice as well as approving the final documentation.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement to close sales.
- Liaise with Branch, Regional or designated Programme Management for the implementation and hand-over plan of “new” sold business.
- Ensure that the CRM is kept up to date in accordance with agreed guidelines and reflects all sales activities undertaken and planned.
- Attend trade shows and networking events as required.
- Maintain a favourable working relationship with all other company employees, to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum personnel morale, productivity and efficiency/ effectiveness.
- Project at all times a favourable image of CWT to promote its aims and objectives to foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance in each of its areas and endeavours.
- Maintain a good understanding of CWTs tools, technology and products
Experience & education:
- Consulting and/or technology background preferred
- Proven success in selling a platform solution
- Experience in positioning the value and strength of an ecosystem
- Knowledge of travel management locally, regionally and globally an advantage
- Fluent English, written & spoken.
- Fluent in Dutch, written & spoken
- Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to present and negotiate with senior leaders, budget owners
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM, Microsites
- Proactive, creative and open-minded
- Self-confident, self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communicator
- Contract closing experience with ability to close a deal
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently
- A comprehensive understanding of sales pursuit and nurturing, sales strategy and procurement process
- Strong analytical ability to use business intelligence to challenge and drive better decisions
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Work and collaborate closely with a diverse group of internal cross-functional teams, including finance, procurement, bid management, legal, operations, customer management, and executive management