Could you handle the responsibility of continuous improving the safe, efficient, consistent and compliant delivery of all aspects of airport customer services and ground operational activities through effective management of people and services, for source market and other designated airports in our BENELUX area and beyond? Than you may be the right candidate we are looking for!
As Operations Manager Ground Handling Benelux, you will head up a world class Area Management team that is responsible for the management and quality assurance of the operations of the contracted third parties (e.g. Ground Handling agents, airports, suppliers etc.) at source market and designated destination airports as well as managing the relating relationships. You will recruit and lead a diverse team operating across multiple locations in Europe and other designated locations, ensuring that they are appropriately trained, motivated and resourced. You will drive improvement opportunities through people management within your team. Working with other Area Managers you will establish the style, tone and approach to delivering common TUI Ground Operations procedures across all group airlines, and ensure the delivery of consistent service to “internal customers” (Nominated Persons, pilots, cabin crew, local operations, 24/7 customer care, tour operators).
As Operations Manager Ground Handling Benelux, you will be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of safe, compliant, efficient, consistent and customer focused Ground Operations processes and activities. You will manage relationships with third party suppliers including through appropriate contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs,) operational KPIs and relevant ancillary targets. In addition you will establish relationships with Airport Authorities, government agencies at airports and TUI Destination services to ensure TUI Group airlines have the best possible services provided for their operations from the specific airports. As part of the overall service delivery and continuous improvement you will be expected to input to and manage budgets along with identifying future potential opportunities for improvement and cost savings and where applicable recommend contractual amendments and changes. Working collaboratively with other TUI Aviation Area Managers, the Heads of Ground Operations Northern & BENELUX and where appropriate the Ground Transformation and Ground Support Managers you will design and implement seasonal update and education programmes, designed to improve among other things customer service, on time performance, ancillary revenue and ground safety from third party suppliers. You will be responsible for the delivery of customer experience and service to all passengers at all airports within your area. Working closely with relevant teams you will provide subject matter expert input to ensure Ground Operations product initiatives and concepts are evaluated and where necessary appropriately delivered at all airports.
As Operations Manager Ground Handling Benelux, you will ensure the ground safety oversight and compliance programme for group airlines is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the airlines nominated person. You will continuously monitor any identified operational risks, assessing their impact and probability and define risk mitigation strategies. You will form part of a team that participates in an On call response to emergency and operational disruption events leading when required the OA Ground Operations input and ensuring the required response is enacted in airports of your area. Working collaboratively with colleagues in Supplier Management and Procurement, you will be responsible for the procurement and delivery of Ground Operations goods and services <£100k. Finally, you will undertake projects and any other reasonable tasks as and when required by the business.
- Degree calibre or substantial relevant experience;
- Significant experience in aviation or ground handling;
- A self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing a diverse team;
- An international team leader with the ability to collaborate with and cater to the interests of all pan-European stakeholders and source markets;
- Project management experience in a ground operations environment;
- Proven financial acumen and cost saving awareness to prepare and control budgets;
- An impactful communicator with the proven ability to influence, partner with other senior leaders, develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry and gain support and commitment from line managers and employees across the business;
- Proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve performance;
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and operationally whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained;
- A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives;
- Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation;
- This role requires strong business Dutch and English (written & spoken) and will involve regular travel across Europe.
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in Ground Handling is to be a truly integrated service provider to the TUI Group Airlines based out of UK&I, the Netherlands, Belgium and the Nordic countries. We are embarking on a journey to unite four independent Ground Handling establishments, and create one cohesive pan-European organisation, driving harmonisation and best practice in what we do and capitalising on our collective size to deliver economies of scale, whilst fostering a common culture of excellence in quality and delivery.
To subscribe to this vacancy, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the green 'solliciteer' button.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated!