Gogo Business Aviation connects passengers, pilots and planes. Worldwide.
For over 25 years, we have pioneered the world’s most innovative inflight connectivity and entertainment solutions. From single, light aircraft to global flight departments, our technology helps business aviators create smart airplanes that enable passengers and pilots to connect to their world in ways never before possible.
Gogo Business Aviation is looking for a Field Support Engineer
The Gogo Business Aviation Field Support Engineer is responsible for providing high quality and timely technical customer support for internal and external customers. This role provides critical post installation troubleshooting guidance to Gogo’s Customers, Dealers, and OEMs.
You will work in partnership with the Regional Sales and OEM Account Managers and provide proactive technical support for Gogo customers. You will collaborate and partner cross functionally with other Gogo teams to facilitate product sustainment and enhancements. You will have a customer focused mentality and a high technical aptitude, taking the initiative to maintain the highest level of support in a fast-paced demanding environment.
How will you make a difference?
- Support and answer complex technical questions for OEMs, dealers and customers in support of all Gogo Business Aviation products and services
- Provide onsite and remote support to end-users of Gogo Business Aviation systems on issues relating to proper use/operation, functionality of services and network performance or coverage
- Collaborate with Tier 2 and Aircraft Application Engineers for escalation and support
- Troubleshoot technical issues to achieve resolution in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiate root cause investigations to provide insight to cross functional groups, document findings and recommendations
- Deliver against customer experience and quality targets
- Provide support to the Field Support Manager on other tasks or projects, as needed
- Support the Technical Publications team in the review or preparation of technical documentation such as user’s manuals, installation manuals and other technical support materials
- Support the company’s Quality Management System by following defined processes and procedures, provide input and assistance on Continual Improvement process updates, and where appropriate work on resolutions to Corrective Actions
- Adherence to case management standards to ensure proper data collection and traceability
- Participate in Objective and Key Result initiatives in support of Gogo’s strategy and vision
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and new requirements; interpret those that may affect certification and installation of Gogo’s products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience in the field of electrical engineering, avionics, or product support of complex electronic equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the aviation industry.
- 4 years of product support experience dealing with Inmarsat Satcom equipment and services.
- Ability to travel to dealer, OEM and customer sites at times on short notice. (50%)
- Must be located in Amsterdam region
- This is a safety sensitive role that is subject to random drug testing.
Required experience, skills and talents
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple inquiries and priorities while maintaining a pleasant demeanor with the customer
- Must be able to perform all requirements for extended periods while unsupervised and remote
- Excellent customer service skills, including listening, verbal, and written communications
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop and execute troubleshooting action plans
- Advanced level skills using Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Experience with product support in telecommunications, satcom, aviation and/or internet service
Preferred experience, skills and talents
Networking and/or Inflight Connectivity knowledge
FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification or EASA Aircraft Maintenance License
Experience with Salesforce, RF and Network diagnostic equipment
Please apply via this link http://app.jobvite.com/m?3PGtGkwt, more information? +31646221081