Egencia, is rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up but we are backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups Expedia Inc. Expedia has invested twice the amount on technology advancement in the last year than any of Egencia’s competitors and this means we’re growing, and growing fast. In 2015, Egencia grew over its largest competitors 2x faster and we have BIG growth plans for 2017 and beyond.
We are looking for you to come and join our amazing and expanding Customer Service team in the Netherlands to be based either in Amsterdam or working from home anywhere in Germany or in the office in Munich or Berlin in Germany as a
Corporate Travel Consultant (m/f)
full-time or part-time, 12 month contract with planned renewal
This role will involve you assisting our customers the Egencia way: planning all details of travel, including arranging and/or booking air, rail, hotel, car, and/or limousine reservations for corporate bookings - aiming to delight and make customers happy.
What you will do?
- You will provide support to our corporate customers and suppliers, building and maintaining excellent client relations;
- You will research and solve problems related to reservations, providing priority wait-listing, preferred seat selection and upgrade management as requested by customers;
- You will make recommendations regarding efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking classes, exchange rates and travel products and services;
- You may also follow up on customer service issues and find resolutions and may assist with visa and/or passport processing, voids, refunds, exchanges and split ticketing;
- Last but not least you will liaise with client corporations and contracted and preferred suppliers to find good solutions for both sides.
Who are you?
- We’re ideally looking for people with travel industry experience, preferably in the corporate travel sector. If you have experience in servicing international business travel customers either in a business travel office or a call center, that would be a huge plus!
- You will have the ability to read, define and apply international tariff, fare rules, taxes and have a good working knowledge of international airline contracts.
- You should be a proficient GDS systems user, especially with Amadeus, but Galileo would also be fine.
- Fluency in Dutch (verbal & writing) and English up to a professional level is key, as you will be working with customers where this is their native language.
- You must be able to work autonomously and independently and be creative in order to solve problems.
- You can prioritize, multi-task and handle high volume effectively.
- You will work in a friendly and accommodating environment, centrally located offices, with free office drinks and excellent benefits packages, travel benefits to help you explore the world but most of all a job, where no day is like the other!
- Working times: 8am - 4.30pm and 9.30am - 6pm (+ 1h for lunch).
Who are we:
- We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We believe in the ScientificMethod. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
- We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.