The CI project manager sets up a sustainable project management program and leads improvement initiatives to support the realization of a world class manufacturing environment. Ensures Safety, Quality, Delivery and Costs visibility by step-change improvement processes and systems using various improvement tools like Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Mapping, 8D, Root cause analyses, Kaizen Events, TPM, Flow, FIFO and Single point scheduling. A good engineering background will be beneficial working in a complex manufacturing environment.
The individual will need to drive change management, effectively communicate throughout the organization and collaborate to achieve target performance and share best practices.
You will be part of the Extended Leadership team.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have significant project and leadership skills. The duties and responsibilities of the Continuous Improvement project Manager regularly performed for this position are:
- Leads project teams to develop and implement change projects that increase productivity, safety, quality and capacity.
- Planning of multiple strategic projects, provide best in class project management to be able to meet project timelines
- Leading the CPEx Deployment and to further develop a CPEx culture and provide technical support.
- Coordinate, lead and execute business process, product and technical improvements.
- Provide training and coaching in Six Sigma - Lean processes/tools
- Establish strategies, KPIs, priorities, project goals and assess results.
- Lead and/or supports projects to reduce scrap and rework, active support and implementation of improvements that meet the business target needs.
- Understand the KPI’s of the business and drive improvement actions to meet the industry targets.
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback regarding improvement opportunities to Site Leadership team and employees
- Facilitating, lead, run CPEx events (Kaizens) within the business
- Identify and eliminate process waste by continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results.
- Monitor progress of improvement projects by establishing reporting process metrics, and creating business performance scorecards, providing regular business management metrics including cost/performance improvement and ROI.
Education and Work experience:
- Bachelor degree in related discipline (e.g. engineering, operations management, business, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Operational Excellence training and/or certification (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, etc.)
- 8-10 years of experience leading manufacturing or business organizations in the deployment of Operational Excellence
- Experience in successful deployment of Lean and Six Sigma tools, including: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Facilitation, Cellular Flow, Single-Minute Exchange of Dies, Process Flow Mapping, Kanban, Hoshin, Visual Controls, 6S, etc.
- Ability to engage others in, facilitate consensus, obtain buy-in of senior leadership and drive for successful adoption of change initiatives.
- A track record of continuous improvement efforts with proven timely successful sustained outcomes.
- Fluency in statistical process control techniques
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Successful completion of a Leadership development program is desirable