The Base Maintenance Manager will lead a large team to deliver Group Base Maintenance activities (light & heavy checks) at the hangar based in Brussels delivering a safe, punctual and efficient operation in line with the agreed maintenance strategy and to the highest quality and safety standards. We are embarking on a journey to unite currently independent engineering & maintenance establishments, and create one cohesive pan-European organisation, driving harmonisation and best practice in what we do and capitalising on our collective size to deliver economies of scale, whilst fostering a common culture of excellence in quality and delivery.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead a dedicated and well-motivated team to maximise the on time delivery of aircraft checks at the Hangar.
- Deliver a safe, punctual and efficient operation in line with agreed maintenance strategy
- Build strong partnership with the base maintenance team based in Luton in order to effectively manage base maintenance requirements across the hangars.
- Consistently ensuring that all activities are conducted to a high standard of safety, quality, reliability and cost.
- Responsible for the commercial processes and relationship management of your internal and external customers.
- Identify and implement departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Manage the maintenance budget and resources.
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set, regularly identifying opportunities for the advancement of working practises and processes.
What you will bring:
- Aviation management background with significant experience and understanding of all relevant aspects of line and base maintenance.
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) or Part 66 License holder and a thorough knowledge of
- EASA 145/ Pt. M regulations.
- Proven leadership abilities, and experience of delivering and managing change.
- Ability to engage staff at all levels and in the wider organisation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with proven experience of building strong supplier. relationships and influencing at a senior level.
- Strong financial knowledge and a thorough understanding of the budgetary process is essential with a good understanding of contract management.
- Someone who sets high standards and uses KPI measures.
- The ability to develop a diverse team and work across different business cultures, including career paths and succession planning.
What we offer:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
Our Airline is an organisation setup to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient Airline for the future.